Monday, September 15, 2008

Opening Salvo

So, first I want to make it perfectly clear, that I am no physicist. If you are here because you think I have anything to do with electrons, go somewhere else. I don't really understand how a cell holds itself together. I barely passed high school science and I faked my way through Physics. If ever elected to office in the United States, I promise to have a great science advisor, who will make most if not all of my decisions.

I named this Harnessed Electrons, as I lovingly refer to kids with ADD (attention deficit disorder, not a mathematical problem) as unharnessed electrons. As a guy who was once a kid whose favorite past time was screwing off in class, I know these kids well. This is my attempt at harnessing some of my own ideas, and putting them in writing. Some day, my son Fletcher will find these ramblings and realize what a total kook his father was.

Second, if you find yourself reading this blog, you have my empathy. I am sure that over the years this will evolve into a periodic car wreck where the reader cannot look away no matter how many more interesting things they have to do. I asked a friend of mine, "what do people who rip movies and post them on bit torrent get out of doing this. There is no financial gain, a great deal of risk and at the end of the day no tangible benefit." His response? "What do people who blog get out of it? Mostly, they just get some limited recognition and people get free movies." I still don't get it. So now I blog. And I wait for a reader, and then look out.

Last, is my disclaimer - A long time ago I was a lawyer. And this makes me worry about everything I write. I have no doubt that in the coming years, I will offend some people. I am curious to see exactly how many. However, I hereby post this disclaimer to the web, to have effect from now until 21 years after my death - The works contained herein are not intended to be based in fact and are actually only the opinions of the author. All similarities to persons living or dead are purely coincidental. The author in no way has any actual animosity for any group - religious, racial, social, or political, but rather only finds humor in most of these organizations and the nonsense which comes from when we self-segregate (more on this later). Any statements which indicate any animosity should be construed as group neutral, as the author actually has an equal level of animosity for all groups. And trust me I have animosity. . .

So this concludes my opening remarks. You should really be excited and tantalized now at the prospect of what prose shall now spatter across the web like blood at a murder scene (Did I mention my wife and I really like Dexter?). So, stand by. No seriously, it might be a while. Remember? I have ADD. Hey look, something shiny. . . I think I want to go ride my bike. . .

No comments: